Monday, February 09, 2004

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf begins with a triangle, but ends with a trapezoid? I found it particularly disturbing because it was very easy to adapt it so that the ends are symmetrical.

Last week was a Good Knitting Mail week: I got two new magazines on the same day! One was Cast On, which I have a subscription for; the other was an unsolicited free "try me" issue of Knit 'n Style. As usual, there was precious little in the KnS that interested me, but hey, free knitting magazine!

Meanwhile, I have started a spring sweater: Intricately Cabled V-Neck Pullover, from a 1998 Classic Elite leaflet that I got from elann.com. It's one of Norah Gaughan's creations with amazing wandering cables. It was originally designed in Provence mercerized cotton, but I'm using a light lavender shade of Premiere cotton/tencel blend from stash. They only gave gauge "in pattern" (grrr...) so I started with a sleeve, checked that I was getting row gauge (essential for this design), and held my breath. I finished the front this morning and had no trouble blocking it to the specified width dimensions, hooray! It is a little longer to the underarm than I had expected, but I don't think that will be a problem. If it is, it wouldn't be hard to take a couple inches off the bottom below where the main cable chart kicks in.

I confess I am tickled to be knitting the middle size instead of the largest.

No comments: