Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm bummed that the purl diamonds don't show up any better on these socks, adapted from the "Gentleman's Sock with Lozenge Pattern" in Knitting Vintage Socks. You can see the silk gleam, though; they're made with Regia Silk. These are a birthday gift for the lead guitar player in my rock band. (I only knit socks for my band members and some of my blood kin.)





These are what I'm knitting on today. I've recently discovered Tofutsies, thanks to a ball I got in a yarn swap. I'm just knitting them by my usual decide-as-you-go toe-up method. I think I'll call them the Oil Slick Socks because the coloration reminds me of the dark rainbow on a puddle in an asphalt parking lot.







Those little metal needles are 6" size 0 Hiya Hiya stainless steel, which are now my very favorite double points. They're unbelievably light and they don't break in my purse, as happened recently with a Crystal Palace bamboo needle. I had just been to the dentist and found out I had cracked a molar and would need a crown, and then when I dropped my purse into the car, snap! I went directly to the LYS and bought the Hiya Hiyas.

No comments: