Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Not so much knitting going on so far today. I'm on a bit of an organizing rampage. At least it's a stash-organizing rampage. I've dismantled most of my issues of Cast On, keeping only those few patterns I might actually knit and the technique articles.

The technique issues are truly excellent. I've found that I often remember, vaguely, that I've seen an article about such-and-such, but then it takes me forever to locate it. Well, no more. I'm putting them in sheet protectors and sorting them into a binder by general topic: Design, Technique Fundamentals, Textures, Advanced Topics, and Finishing.

I ran out of sheet protectors, so I haven't done 2006-2007 yet. However, I immediately ordered more sheet protectors and they should arrive tomorrow. I had been wanting to place an office supply order anyway, to get more of the colored tabs I mark magazine patterns with. (I discovered that, of course, my very favorite brand of tabs is a store brand, and double of course, I have no local store... it's the boonies, folks.) But I'm compulsive about stalling until I need enough stuff to get free shipping, and the sheet protectors did the trick.

For my next trick, I'm going to hunt down all my really awful plastic yarn and take it to Goodwill.

No comments: